20 October 2022
What is Principle of Echo Sounder Operation
- Echo sounder is used to measures the depth of water by measuring the time for a pulse of energy from travel to the seabed and backward on the principle of reflection of acoustic energy.
- A short pulse of sound energy is transmitted vertically down from the ship. This pulse having been reflected from the sea bottom returns to the ship in the form of an echo.
- Travel time (t) taken for its return, depends upon the depth of water (d), and on the velocity of sound (v) through the water.
- Performance and the efficiency of a sonar system depends on the accuracy of measuring the speed of sound exposure from source.
Nautical Instrument Echo Sounder Onboard M.V. SEAFDEC
- Echo sounder model FE 680 is to provide safe navigation by detecting the clearance below the ship (particularly in shallow water) as required on the SOLAS Convention ships.
- Echo sounder recorder model FEW-822S sync the Data form Echo sounder FVC-140 and records on thermal paper.
- Color video sounder model FCV-140 ET is a high-performance echo sounder designed for fishing as well as oceanographic survey. type single beam transducer provides and long-range detection more than 5,000 m. in deep seawater.
Powered by Phoca Download